RNI Design Engineer
The RNI Design Engineer will be a high potential individual contributor who will apply strengths obtained in an engineering curriculum to provide a diverse set of assistance to projects related to the development and improvement of RightNow Inventory™ Product Management (RNI) technologies and FFF's Forward Deployed Inventory (FDI) program. The projects will include a broad array of opportunity and exposure to various engineering and software disciplines required to develop the RNI technologies as well as various business process required to support both RNI and FDI. The engineer will work under the mentorship of the RNI Product Solutions Director, and must be able to work independently as assigned to specific tasks related to aspects of developing a portion of the design, development, or deployment of improvement projects. Upon progressive performance and exposure, the engineer will have opportunities to either progress to project leadership roles or broader leadership roles within the corporation that leverages individual interests and strengths.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Continuously strive to improve quality of project deliverables, processes, service quality to internal and external customers, and teammate relations through following activities:
- Coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure project deliverables are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Leverage unique skillsets to accomplish specific project tasks. related to machine design, software design, process design, system configuration, process layout, data analytics, financial analysis and project management.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining SOP's related to the RNI and FDI in a form that is easy for associates to use and understand with a bias for continuous improvement.
- Train internal resources to use existing SOP's.
- Responsible for taking comprehensive meeting notes and collecting and managing open issues and status related to improvement and development initiatives.
- Responsible for following and implementing testing processes related to prototype development and analysis.
- Responsible for using a variety of tools and techniques to develop presentations and image communication that effectively tell a story, communicate design requirements and present the business case.
- Consult with internal and external customers to define needs or problems and engage appropriate stake holders to develop possible solutions.
- Prepare deliverables and assist project leads in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Works on complex problems where situation requires an in-depth evaluation and analysis obtained through big data queries, process documentation, time studies and/or material-service cost analysis.
- Interact with project sponsors, stakeholders and various project members to ensure that specified business needs are met.
- Assists in the post-implementation analysis to ensure that requirements are fulfilled.
- Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Display dedication to position responsibilities and achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Understand and internalize the Company's purpose, display loyalty to the Company and its organizational values.
- Display enthusiasm and dedication to learning how to be more effective on the job and share knowledge with others.
- Work effectively with co-workers, internal and external customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keep commitments; keep others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues; address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; address others by name, title, or other respectful identifier, and respect the diversity of our work force in actions, words, and deeds.
- Comply with the policies and procedures stated in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program by always working in a safe manner and immediately reporting any injury, safety hazard, or program violation.
- Ensure conduct is consistent with all Compliance Program Policies and procedures when engaging in any activity on behalf of the company. Immediately report any concerns or violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Requires for a four-year degree in engineering discipline or other technology related field. A minimum of 3.5 GPA or applicable and referenceable work experience is preferred.
Requires broad understanding of business processes, computer sciences, distribution and/or manufacturing along with 2-4 years of professional experience which may have been attained through intermittent internships or co-op sessions. Must be able to reference specific projects or efforts that display a high aptitude and passion for at least four of the following:
- Process design based on work methods and time analysis.
- Systems requirement, configuration and maintenance.
- Process layout design using CAD tools.
- Data analytics deriving actionable results and activities.
- Financial scenario planning.
- Project management of multiple workstreams using project management tools and methodologies.
- Six-Sigma project coordination and leadership.
- Lean project coordination and leadership.
- Working knowledge of Lean and Six-Sigma tool set with ability and desire to achieve green belt certification.
- Good analytical and logic skills and capable of advanced Excel and SQL data base tools.
- Must be able to give strong examples of where need for improvement was recognized and individual leadership was exerted to achieve an improvement result.
Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must have the ability to view a computer screen for long periods and the ability to sit for extended periods. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled. The employee occasionally lifts up to 20 pounds and occasionally kneels and bends.
Must have the ability to travel up to 20% of time. Working condition include normal office setting.
Learning, thinking, concentration and the ability to work under pressure, particularly during busy times. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be able to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent internal/external customer service. Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations' situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as appropriate judgments when necessary. Must be proactive in finding solutions.
If you are applying for a job and would like to make a request for a reasonable accommodation during any part of the employment process, submit an email to Human Resources at email@example.com or call (951) 296-2500 extension 1391. Please include your contact information along with the specifics of your request for a reasonable accommodation. Only inquiries regarding a reasonable accommodation request will receive a response via email or phone in a timely manner.
FFF Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Read about our excellent employee benefits package.