Senior Software Engineer
The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing applications to support our growing portfolio of applications and products. Additionally, the Sr. Software Engineer will be a mentor to any junior staff and exemplify the culture and pillars of FFF Enterprises.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Provides technical leadership and performs technical tasks including systems analysis and programming related to the design, development, and support of information systems.
- 5+ years of experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL (schema design, code review, and query tuning).
- 5+ years of experience with a NoSQL DB (Firebase, MongoDB, DynamoDB, …).
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts.
- Good understand database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Participate in limited DevOps responsibilities as part of a complete CI/CD pipeline. Use of DevOps tools including GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins and Terraform. Experience with serverless models and other cloud technology as required to accomplish projects.
- Collaborates with business analysts and product owners to ensure understanding of business priorities.
- Define the system landscape, identify gaps between the current and desired end-states, and deliver cloud-based solutions.
- Recommend alternate choices, trade-offs, and impact analysis.
- Work with technical teams and senior architects to final specifications related to integration between numerous systems.
- Understand security and identify encryption and controls needed to protect information.
- Collaborate with enterprise architects and information architects to ensure cloud services align to roadmaps and understand the effect on the organization's information architecture.
- Liaise with external providers to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of new cloud applications, cloud-based infrastructure, and other cloud services with existing IT systems.
- Makes recommendations concerning systems and programs which will make applications less complex and more efficient.
- Assists in systems testing and implementation.
- Identifies and/or resolves programming problems in order to provide continuous business operations.
- Champion, agile development methodologies with the team and business representatives.
- Write high quality code, perform unit tests and produce quality documentation for assigned tasks.
- Participate as a leader in peer code reviews.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Consult colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems.
- Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Display dedication to position responsibilities and achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Understand and internalize the Company's purpose; Display loyalty to the Company and its organizational values.
- Display enthusiasm and dedication to learning how to be more effective on the job and share knowledge with others.
- Work effectively with co-workers, internal and external customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keep commitments; keep others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues; address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; address others by name, title, or other respectful identifier, and; respect the diversity of our work force in actions, words, and deeds.
- Comply with the policies and procedures stated in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program by always working in a safe manner and immediately reporting any injury, safety hazard, or program violation.
- Ensure conduct is consistent with all Compliance Program Policies and procedures when engaging in any activity on behalf of the company. Immediately report any concerns or violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field of study.
- Must have knowledge in the following:
- GCP Cloud
- Minimum of seven (7) years of programming experience is required.
- Experience supporting computer users in a heterogeneous computing environment.
- Experience with SAP, IoT and Salesforce.com are a plus.
- Experience working with project management software is a plus.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have a detail orientation and the proven ability to prioritize work.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and as part of a team.
- Sound decision-making abilities.
- Must be able to be productive with frequent interruptions.
Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must have the ability to view a computer screen for long periods and the ability to sit for extended periods. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled. The employee occasionally lifts up to 20 pounds and occasionally kneels and bends. Must have the ability to travel occasionally. Working condition include normal office setting.
Learning, thinking, concentration and the ability to work under pressure, particularly during busy times. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be able to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent customer service. Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations' situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as appropriate judgments when necessary. Must be proactive in finding solutions.
If you are applying for a job and would like to make a request for a reasonable accommodation during any part of the employment process, submit an email to Human Resources at email@example.com or call (951) 296-2500 extension 1391. Please include your contact information along with the specifics of your request for a reasonable accommodation. Only inquiries regarding a reasonable accommodation request will receive a response via email or phone in a timely manner.
FFF Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Read about our excellent employee benefits package.