[Hybrid/Remote] Temecula, CA
The Communication Specialist must have excellent writing and public speaking skills. This position supports corporate and divisional marketing efforts to promote and support FFF Enterprises' products, systems, programs and services. The incumbent will interact on a regular basis with internal staff, including, management, executives, vendors and customers. The Communication Specialist must be self-motivated with a proven ability to multitask and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Research and write press releases and content for Company websites, infographics, postcards, emails, brochures, one-sheets, newsletters, presentations and other Marketing projects as needed.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the Company's strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media influencers.
- Adhere to the Company's style guide, ensuring that we produce consistent, high-quality and error-free copy.
- Contribute to the development of collateral, signage and other written projects for trade shows.
- Research and analyze competitors' advertising, media and websites.
- Conduct and analyze customer and market surveys.
- Participate in Marketing department meetings.
- Continuously strive to improve processes, service quality to internal and external customers, and employee relations.
- Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Display dedication to position responsibilities and achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Understand and internalize the Company's purpose; Display loyalty to the Company and its organizational values.
- Display enthusiasm and dedication to learning how to be more effective on the job and share knowledge with others.
- Work effectively with co-workers, internal and external customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keep commitments; keep others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues; address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; address others by name, title, or other respectful identifier, and; respect the diversity of our work force in actions, words, and deeds.
- Comply with the policies and procedures stated in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program by always working in a safe manner and immediately reporting any injury, safety hazard, or program violation.
- Ensure conduct is consistent with all Compliance Program Policies and procedures when engaging in any activity on behalf of the company. Immediately report any concerns or violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field required.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills; basic Microsoft Excel skills.
- Basic understanding of internet technologies.
- Minimum two (2) years previous working experience as a Communications Specialist.
- Experience and knowledge in professional copywriting, proofreading and editing.
- Excellent portfolio with proven track record of successful project examples.
- Photo and video-editing skills preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and as part of a team.
- Works well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
- Ability to understand corporate and division goals and align communications strategies accordingly.
- Sound decision-making abilities.
Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must have the ability to view a computer screen for long periods and the ability to sit for extended periods. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled. Must have the ability to lift and maneuver items of at least 20 pounds. Must have the ability to travel occasionally. Working condition include normal office setting.
Learning, thinking, concentration and the ability to work under pressure, particularly during busy times. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be able to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent customer service. Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations' situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as appropriate judgments when necessary. Must be proactive in finding solutions.
If you are applying for a job and would like to make a request for a reasonable accommodation during any part of the employment process, submit an email to Human Resources at email@example.com or call (951) 296-2500 extension 1391. Please include your contact information along with the specifics of your request for a reasonable accommodation. Only inquiries regarding a reasonable accommodation request will receive a response via email or phone in a timely manner.
FFF Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Read about our excellent employee benefits package.