Cubicin® Now Available at FFF Enterprises
Date: November 5, 2015
FFF Enterprises, Inc. has partnered again with Merck to now offer Cubicin® injection. Cubicin (daptomycin for injection) is a lipopeptide antibacterial indicated for the treatment of:
- Complicated skin and skin structure infections (cSSSIs).
- Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infections (bactermia), including those with right-sided infective endocarditis.
For more information about Cubicin, see the Prescribing Information.
About Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections (cSSSIs)
Complicated SSSIs characteristically involve deeper skin structures or coexist in patients with comorbidities or immune suppression.1 Major abscesses, infected burns, bite wounds and ulcers, as well as diabetic foot infections are categorized as cSSSIs.2
About Staphylococcus Aureus Bloodstream Infections
Known to be the most dangerous of the common types of staphylococcal bacteria, staphylococcus aureus infections can range from mild to life threatening. This bacterium tends to infect the skin; however, it can infect almost any site in the body through bloodstream travel (called bacteremia). Particularly, infections can affect heart valves (endocarditis) and bones (osteomyelitis).3
Healthcare providers treating chronic conditions turn to FFF Enterprises, the most trusted distributor of plasma products, vaccines, biosimilars and other specialty pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals in the U.S. Now in our 27th year, FFF is excited to celebrate 10,000 counterfeit-free days this month. We present our customers with a commitment to product safety through our Guaranteed Channel Integrity™ best practices model. Through this process, we ensure that patient safety, product efficacy and fair pricing are not compromisedin the supply chain.
Information on the Cubicin product offering, along with our comprehensive portfolio of products, is available through FFF’s innovative BioSupply online order system (biosupply.fffenterprises.com). BioSupply is FFF’s online portal which empowers you to efficiently manage your inventory through:
- Quick and convenient online ordering;
- Account information;
- Pending and past order history;
- Shortcuts to frequently ordered products;
- Detailed product pages;
- Up-to-date availability information;
- Drop-ship options (delivery directly from the manufacturer);
- Shopping cart featuring account number and shipping address details; as well as
- BioVision reporting tool providing purchasing pattern analysis
1. Optimal treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections.
Nichols RL. J Antimicrob Chemother. 1999 Sep; 44 Suppl A():19-23.
2. Complicated infections of skin and skin structures:
when the infection is more than skin deep.
DiNubile MJ, Lipsky BA, J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004 Jun; 53 Suppl 2():ii37-50.
3. Merck Manual Types of Staph Infections. Accessed at: http://www.merckmanuals.com/ home/infections/bacterial-infections/i-staphylococcus-aureus-i-infections