Miacalcin® Now Available at FFF Enterprises
Date: October 7, 2015
FFF Enterprises, Inc., the nation’s most trusted specialty distributor, soon to celebrate 10,000 counterfeit-free distribution days, is proud to announce that we have partnered with Mylan Institutional to carry Miacalcin® synthetic injection.
Miacalcin (calcitonin-salmon) is a calcitonin that is indicated for the following conditions:
- Treatment of hypercalcemia
- Treatment of Paget’s disease of bone
- Treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis
For more information about Miacalcin (calcitonin-salmon), see the Prescribing Information.
According to the Mayo Clinic, hypercalcemia is the result of too much calcium in the blood. Above normal levels can weaken bones, produce kidney stones, and interfere with brain and heart function. Hypercalcemia can be caused by numerous factors, including: overactive parathyroid glands, cancer, immobility, certain medications, excessive amounts of calcium or vitamin D supplements, hereditary factors such as hypocalciuric hypercalcemia, or dehydration.1
In patients with Paget’s disease of bone, the process of rebuilding bones takes place at an abnormally increased rate, typically affecting the spine, pelvis, skull or leg bones. These areas can become deformed and fragile, resulting in pain, hearing loss, headaches, numbness, or bowed legs.2, 3
Postmenopausal osteoporosis can occur in women, typically after menopause, when estrogen levels rapidly decrease, resulting in bone loss in the trabecular bone inside the cortical bone. Osteoporosis in women can lead to spine, hip or wrist fractures, spinal deformity, chronic pain, restricted mobility, decreased lung capacity and trouble sleeping.4, 5
For healthcare providers, treating those with chronic conditions begins with ordering critical-care products. Having access to a trustworthy distribution system for specialty biopharmaceuticals is crucial. Earlier this year, FFF launched our innovative BioSupply online ordering system (biosupply.fffenterprises.com), to make ordering your products easy, fast and convenient! BioSupply is our customer-driven online portal that empowers you to order what you want, when you want it, with just one click so you can better manage your inventory. And, with our 27 counterfeit-free years of product safety and commitment to Guaranteed Channel Integrity™, you know your product has traveled through a secure supply chain.
In addition to easy online ordering, the BioSupply website provides at-a-glance access to your account information; links to view open orders and ordering history; shortcuts to frequently ordered products; detailed product pages for streamlined ordering and up-to-date availability information; convenience and accessibility to drop-ship products directly from the manufacturer to quickly replenish your inventory; a Shopping Cart feature that displays your account number and shipping address to minimize purchasing errors; and the BioVision reporting tool that provides purchasing pattern analysis to help you identify and understand your decision making process.
1. Mayo Clinic. Hypercalcemia Diseases and Conditions. Accessed at www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypercalcemia/basics/definition/con-20031513.
2. Mayo Clinic. Paget’s Disease of Bone Definition. Accessed at www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pagets-disease-of-bone/basics/definition/con-20020138.
3. Mayo Clinic. Paget’s Disease of Bone Symptoms. Accessed at www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pagets-disease-of-bone/basics/symptoms/con-20020138.
4. Spine-Health. What Causes Postmenopausal and Senile Osteoporosis? Accessed at www. spine-health.com/conditions/osteoporosis/what-causes-postmenopausal-and-senile-osteoporosiss.
5. Spine Health. Why Women Are at Greater Risk for Developing Osteoporosis. Accessed at www.spine-health.com/conditions/osteoporosis/why-women-are-greater-risk-developing-osteoporosis.